NOTICE OF INTERNET SOCIETY-KENYA ANNUAL GENERAL 2021 THAT WILL BE HELD ON THE 8TH JANUARY 2022
Happy New Year 2022,
Greetings, Members Of Internet Society Kenya Chapter
Allow me to share notice of the Annual General Meeting 2021 which will take place on Saturday, January 8, 2022, at 1.00 p.m.
The hybrid meeting will take place at our office compound *Catholic Nurses Association Building on Diani Road, Off Ole Dume Road, Nairobi.*
For those who prefer to participate virtually, the log-in information is Meeting ID: 842 6558 2335 Passcode: 901006
This is following the Registrar of Societies’ advice published in the Kenya Gazette Vol. CXXII – No 155 Gazette Notice No 5998).
The Agenda for the AGM is as follows:
- To read the notice convening meeting
- To confirm the minutes of the last AGM held on 5th February 2021.
- To Table the Executive Committee’s Annual Report 2021 and draft Action Plan 2022 at the AGM, according to the Society’s Bylaws.
- To share Status of Compliance: After the meeting, the Internet Society, Kenya Chapter will submit its return to the Registrar of Society and the Kenya Revenue Authority.
- To Transact Any Other Business.
Chapterthon 2021 – Closure in November
The internet society (ISOC) aims for the internet to be open, globally –connected, secure and trustworthy. They seek collaboration with all who share these goals. One of their partners is the internet engineering Task Force (IETF). IETF is the leading internet standards body that develops open standards for the internet.
ISOC has developed the Open Standards everywhere (OSE) project as a tool for conforming to the latest standards being developed by IETF. The document can be obtained from the following url https://github.com/InternetSociety/ose-documentation/.
OSE is tested on the following web servers
3. Apache or Nginx behind a Content Delivery Network (CDN).
OSE is designed to configure
2. IP V6
Usage:Type a domain name in the two platforms and a score will be automatically be generated. A score of 100% on both platforms indicate
successful compliance with the open standards everywhere requirements showing your website is in line with modern internet standards.