10 YEARS ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION (ISOC) KENYA CHAPTER
The Internet Society (ISOC) Kenya Chapter was chartered in 2012 and officially recognized in Kenya in 2015 as a chapter of the Internet Society. As a nonprofit organization, we empower people to maintain the Internet as a force for good by keeping it open, globally-connected, secure, as well trustworthy. We contribute to its expansion, durability, and development.
The organization has evolved throughout the years into a key player in the Internet sector as a result of many achievements and challenges. It is significant to remember that internet connectivity is no longer a luxury but rather a virtual lifeline as was demonstrated by people being forced to work online by the Covid-19 pandemic. We work to promote the growth, stability, and further development of the Internet in the world we want to live in.
The specific objectives of the ISOC Kenya 10 years anniversary inter alia are as follows:
- To celebrate, dialogue, and consult on internet governance and digital transformation in Kenya.
- To share our experiences and stories from the 10 years’ work of the Internet Society Kenya Chapter.
The following are the outcomes expected from the Mission:
- Showcase ISOC Kenya’s 10 years of achievements;
- Documentation of best practices, challenges, and experiences
- A clear roadmap for future strategy.
The participants of this event include:
- The Internet Society Kenya Chapter Members and Committee Members.
- The Representative of the Internet Society Global, regional and national Chapters
- The Government of Kenya Representatives.
- A representative from the Internet Fraternity in Kenya i.e., KENIC,
DATE: December 10, 2022. The participants are expected to arrive in the morning at 9.00 am and depart on the same day at 2.00 pm.