KIJIJI YEETU DIGITAL SMART VILLAGE ECOSYSTEM
More than simply advancing technology, we work to ensure the Internet continues to grow and evolve as a platform for innovation, economic development and social progress for the people in Kenya and beyond. The Internet Society is an Internet Technical Community that aims at advancing Internet policies, technology standards and the future development of the Internet.
Topic 1: Internet Governance and Shaping the Internet in Kenya.
Modules to be Covered:
- Introduction to Internet Governance in world, Africa and Kenya;
- Definitions of Internet Governance based on Kenya Framework;
- Classification of Internet Governance Issues; ICT ecosystem and Policy Regime in
- Methodology for Analyzing Internet Issues based on Kenya.
At the end of the Training, participants will be able to:
• Define and understand the scope and linguistic differences of Internet Governance
Issues; ICT ecosystem and Policy Regime in Kenya
• Classify the types of Internet governance issues; and
• Utilize a conceptual framework for analyzing Internet-related issues.
Other Topics: Building Community Networks, Open Standards, Digital Transformation,
and Multistakeholder Support.
This training programme will be target members interested in participating on Shaping
the Internet, Building Community Networks, Open Standards, Community Networks,
Digital Transformation, and Multistakeholder Support. It is important to take note that
the selected participants will receive training on the topics through local initiative, by the
facilitators from the global volunteer fellowship programme selected.